Risk and Compliance
The mission of the Office of Risk and Compliance of The University of Alabama System is to:
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and monitor a System-wide risk and compliance program.
- Promote collaboration among campus/entity-based risk, ethics, and compliance programs and assist and support campus/entity-based programs.
- Promote a culture that supports the goals of the Board of Trustees.
- Provide advice and counsel and support training and educational efforts.
- Refer appropriate investigatory matters to the General Counsel, Chief Audit Officer, and/or others.
- Encourage the flow of information and internal transparency related to Board goals, including appropriate reporting and direct access to the Board, its Committee(s), including the Audit, Risk, and Compliance Committee, the Chancellor, and appropriate administrators.
- Perform such other duties as directed by the Board, its Audit, Risk, and Compliance Committee and/or the Chancellor in consultation.
Photo courtesy of Charles Beck
Greek Risk Bulletin
The UAS Office of Risk Management regularly prepares a Greek Risk Bulletin for students, parents, alumni, advisors, and others for all three campuses.
Campus Carry Information
The possession and carry of firearms on university campuses is the subject of discussions in the Alabama Legislature and the legislatures of many states.
Statement of Economic Interests
The Alabama Ethics Law applies to public officials and public employees, including employees of The University of Alabama System, UA, UAB, and UAH.
Title IX Compliance
Title IX helps ensure education programs or activities receiving Federal financial assistance do not discriminate on the basis of sex. Title IX compliance is a priority of The University of Alabama System.
Board Rules and Policy Management
Several board rules work to help define the strengthen ethics practices within the System.
Goals of the UA System Risk and Compliance program include the prevention of injuries as well as financial preparation for the inevitable losses that occur.
File your annual COI form here.
The University of Alabama System Risk and Compliance
500 University Boulevard East
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401