Mission and Core Principles
The University of Alabama System, an institution of higher education created for learning, exists to improve the lives of everyone we affect through the teaching, research and service rendered by our component campuses and health system.
Diversity, Inclusion & Respect
We will be the preeminent public system of higher education and health care in the United States.
- Assure that everything we do is for the purpose of improving the lives and health of the citizens of the State of Alabama.
- Make higher education accessible and diverse, prepare our students for success, and meet the workforce needs of the State.
- Be accountable for every dollar we receive while maintaining the highest standards of excellence in every program and endeavor.
- Work to lead a unified approach to improving education at every level in Alabama.
- Work to help lead a unified approach to improving the economy, opportunities, and comprehensive health care for all citizens of Alabama.
- Elevate the status, stature and influence of the University of Alabama System so that we can call on all people devoted to the University of Alabama, UAB, UAH, and the UAB Health System to unite for common purposes.
Approved by The Board of Trustees of the University of Alabama System on April 12, 2019