The mission of the Office of Risk and Compliance of The University of Alabama System is to:
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and monitor a System-wide risk and compliance program.
- Promote collaboration among campus/entity-based risk, ethics, and compliance programs and assist and support campus/entity-based programs.
- Promote a culture that supports the goals of the Board of Trustees.
- Provide advice and counsel and support training and educational efforts.
- Refer appropriate investigatory matters to the General Counsel, Chief Audit Officer, and/or others.
- Encourage the flow of information and internal transparency related to Board goals, including appropriate reporting and direct access to the Board, its Committee(s), including the Audit, Risk, and Compliance Committee, the Chancellor, and appropriate administrators.
- Perform such other duties as directed by the Board, its Audit, Risk, and Compliance Committee and/or the Chancellor in consultation.
The University of Alabama System
Risk and Compliance
500 University Boulevard East
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401