The University of Alabama System has shown its commitment to promoting a culture of ethics and integrity by contracting with The Network, Inc., a third party provider to manage our Hotline.
High ethical standards are vital to workplace morale and productivity, and maintaining them is a core value for The University of Alabama System. The Hotline enables you to inquire about or report actual or potential unethical or unlawful work-related behavior in a safe, anonymous way, online or over the phone. The hotline is designed for use by all members of the university community.
THE HOTLINE IS NOT A 911 OR EMERGENCY SERVICE
Do not use this site or the toll-free number to report events presenting an immediate threat to life or property. Reports submitted through this service may not receive an immediate response. If you require emergency assistance, please call 911.
HOW TO REPORT
If you see or suspect unethical or illegal behavior, you may report your concerns anonymously by contacting The Network, Inc. (TNI). Call toll-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
FILE A REPORT ONLINE:THE UNIVERSITY OF ALABAMA SYSTEM ON-LINE REPORTING FORM
After processing the report, TNI will provide the information to designated University officials for appropriate action. Reports submitted to TNI will be handled promptly and discreetly. Retaliation of any kind will not be tolerated.
Additional UAS Hotline Information
- The Board of Trustees of The University of Alabama adopted Board Rule 106.2 in Fall 2014 as part of its continuing efforts to strengthen and support ethical, compliant, and risk-aware practices among System institutions.
- Among other provisions, Board Rule 106.2 requires prompt reporting of any significant occurrence or threat which has caused or poses an imminent risk of substantial injury or harm to persons, property, or the surrounding community, or substantial reputational harm to the System or its institutions.
- The Board rule also codifies the Board’s expectation of appropriate consideration and investigation of reports, including reports made pursuant to this Hotline.
- Retaliation shall not take place for good faith reports.
- The Hotline welcomes all good faith reports of any alleged wrongful conduct, including but not limited to, suspected violations of the System Code of Conduct and/or campus/entity codes.
- Appropriate consequences, up to and including termination, expulsion, or other sanctions, should flow from violations of Board expectations and standards.
- In addition to the Hotline, the UA System Office of Risk and Compliance maintains an “open door” policy for reports and concerns of an ethical, compliance, or risk issue.
500 University Boulevard East (Sid McDonald Hall)
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Our institutions observe applicable requirements of the Federal Pilot Program for Enhancement of Whistleblower Protections.