To assist UA System Office employees in complying with Board Rule 413 and other System Office requirements related to international business travel, the Office of Risk and Compliance has prepared the following resources:

Guidelines for International Travel
Emergency Contacts
Emergency Contacts Wallet Card


International business travel should be registered by completing The University of Alabama System Office of International Travel Registration Form or by contacting the Office of Risk and Compliance.

Failure to register international travel may result in personal liability for the costs of travel and/or lack of resources for emergencies abroad. For more on reimbursement rules, please consult with the Finance Office at (205) 348-4567.

Travelers are also strongly encouraged to register with the U.S. Embassy in the country/
countries to which they will be traveling.  This can be done through the U.S. State Department website.


Prior to traveling internationally, please check the travel warnings provided by the U.S. State Department and Centers for Disease Control for the countries you will be visiting.

If you have any questions regarding international business travel, please feel free to contact the Office of and Compliance at (205) 348-6763.