A financial conflict of interest may exist when a decision you make or an action you take in your University position results in a financial benefit to you, your family, or you or your family’s business.
Both the Alabama Ethics Law and The University of Alabama System Board Rules are in place to govern and manage potential conflicts of interest.
For more information, please see:
- Alabama Ethics Law Section 36-25-5(a)(c)(e) Opens in a new window
- Alabama Ethics Law Section 36-25-1(8) Opens in a new window
- Board Rules 106 and 106.2
The University of Alabama System Office of Risk and Compliance offers training for University and System Senior Administrators, Managers, and Employees on how to avoid financial conflicts of interest. To schedule training, please contact TiKiesha Lang at (205) 348-5260 or
- For questions about our Ethics policies, please visit UAS Ethics Support.
- For questions regarding the Alabama Ethics Law, visit the Alabama Ethics Commission Opens in a new window or call them at (334) 242-2997.
- For questions regarding Board Rule 106 or 106.2, please visit the UAS Office of Risk and Compliance website, call us at (205) 348-0568, or email TiKiesha Lang at