Finance and Administration
What We Do
The Office of Finance and Administration manages the administrative functions of the University of Alabama System Office including financial operations, information technology, and human resources. In addition, the Office administers System-wide investment activities and treasury cash management, including the pooled endowment fund and operating cash reserves, assisted by an Investment Advisor.
The Office is a liaison with the System campuses and the UAB Health System for all Board committee matters for Finance, Investments, Physical Properties, Compensation, and Athletics. Primary functions include coordinating the preparation of annual operating budgets and financial reports to the Board and overseeing the revolving five-year capital plan and annual updates for all physical plant construction and renovation projects and associated debt issuances.
The Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration serves as a Director on the Board of the UAB Health System and other affiliated foundations as designated by the Chancellor.
Photo courtesy of Charles Beck
Heightened Review Contract Request For Approval
Campuses of The University of Alabama System are required to submit the following items for approval of the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration in consultation with the Vice Chancellor for Risk and Compliance:
- All no bid contracts of greater than $1,000,000
- All consulting/professional agreements of greater than $250,000
- The review of the Vice Chancellor is limited to a review of potential conflicts of interest. The review is in addition to all campus-required approvals and all requirements of Alabama or other governing bid laws.
- To seek such approval, please use the following form: Campus Contracts Review
- Be sure to include the Vendor Disclosure Form.
Dana Keith Ph.D., CPA
Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration
The University of Alabama System Office of Financial Affairs
500 University Blvd E
Tuscaloosa, AL 35404