Latest COVID-19 Updates
For Immediate Release
UA System Releases Final COVID-19 Dashboard for Fall 2020 Semester — Reporting to Resume in January when Spring Semester Begins at UA, UAB, and UAH
The University of Alabama System reported minimal increases in positive COVID testing among students on the three campuses this week.
Our entire UA System — UA, UAB, UAH, and the UAB Health System — is dedicating all possible resources to reopen our campuses in a manner that will be the gold standard for colleges and universities across the nation. Chancellor Finis St. John has established a System-wide Task Force to meet our goals using strategies of all kinds: testing measures, enhanced cleaning, classroom procedures, housing policies, security and wellness programs, and more.
Comprehensive Health and Safety Plans
- UA System Comprehensive Health and Safety Plan
- UA Return Plan Opens in a new window
- UAB United Opens in a new window
- UAH Return to Campus Opens in a new window
COVID-19 Reporting Information
We encourage anyone who suspects a health and safety violation or other concerning behavior to contact the UA System Hotline. The Hotline is available toll-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: Call (866) 362-9476 or report online Opens in a new window.
On Monday, August 4, Chancellor Finis St. John, UAB President Ray Watts, Dr. Selwyn Vickers, and the UA System Health and Safety team launched America’s most comprehensive campus entry program for higher education students. The GuideSafeTM platform is funded by more than $30 million in CARES Act money provided by Alabama Governor Kay Ivey. Watch the August 8, 2020 press conference and read news coverage:
- News conference announcing GuideSafeTM Opens in a new window, August 4, 2020
- Yellowhammer News: State of Alabama, University of Alabama System officials unveil GuideSafe app aiming to keep schools virus-free Opens in a new window
- al.com: Alabama college students must report symptoms online after testing negative Opens in a new window
In the News
- New York Times reports misleading data of COVID-19 cases at UAB in story about colleges/universities Opens in a new window — August 26, 2020
- Infectious Disease Expert: We don't need to outlaw socializing, we just need to do it safely Opens in a new window — August 21, 2020
- Alabama testing all university students before returning to campus Opens in a new window — July 30, 2020
- University of Alabama system planning to reopen for fall: ‘We fully expect to have on-campus instruction’ Opens in a new window — April 29, 2020
- Dr. Selwyn Vickers outlines goals of UA System Campus Health & Safety Initiative Opens in a new window — April 21, 2020
- UA Chancellor talks process for reopening classrooms, football games Opens in a new window — April 16, 2020
- Deontay Wilder Says Let’s Beat COVID-19 Opens in a new window — April 10, 2020