There are general precautions you can take to prevent the spread of viral respiratory infections.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or alcohol-based sanitizer; lather for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close, unprotected contact with anyone with respiratory symptoms.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces with isopropyl alcohol.
- Stay healthy: eat a balanced diet, get rest, avoid stress.